Friday, February 04, 2005

Tie a Yellow Ribbon

I finished one of my two PIP projects. It was really quick and relatively easy. If any of you crocheters want to know how to make one, let me know, I can draft up a quick pattern.

Here's the item flat, you can click it to see a larger version.


And this is what it looks like on.


It's just crochet thread worked in a simple vintage lace pattern till it's a couple inches short of the desired length. I then work a short extention until the piece fits comfortably around my neck with a little extra for the closures. Then I crocheted a yellow ribbon and attached. The piece closes with a button and crochet loop. I finished it in a morning.

8 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Marnie,
I would love to have the pattern. It looks so pretty!
(side note--your hair looks really cute like that in the photo).
Thanks,
~ DAWN

6:28 AM  
Blogger Emily Dust Nimsakont said...

That is so pretty! This is one of those times when I wish I knew how to crochet as well as knit. I will have to work on learning how one of these days.
--Emily

8:04 AM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Very cute!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Santa Cruz Technology Group said...

Would it be too much of a pain for you to post the pattern for us gals? I'd love to make one of these chokers. In fact, I think I will make a few of them for my friends, including my little dog!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Santa Cruz Technology Group said...

Would it be too much of a pain for you to post the pattern for us gals? I'd love to make one of these chokers. In fact, I think I will make a few of them for my friends, including my little dog!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Marnie said...

Kackie
I definitely plan to post a pattern when I can. I just need some time to get it together. I'm working on a second version where all the picots are replaced with seed beads. It looks cute so far, I'm excited to post it. :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Santa Cruz Technology Group said...

Holy cow, I guess I got a little excited when I wrote my comment and clicked "publish" twice instead of once. Oops! But it is a super cute choker, and using beads will make it even that much cuter. I'm looking forward to making it! Thanks- kac

3:59 PM  
Blogger Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

love the choker...i keep seeing more reasons to learn to crochet! i'm thinking of doing a version the "peace knits" banner, which i guess would be a pretty long-term project, not so KAL-friendly...but it's something i'd love to do.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home